Category Archives: Survey
I know a lot of you have tried the “Do Surveys for Money!” and “Submit for a free sample of blah!” gimmicks out there. If you’re like me, you haven’t had a lot of success with actually getting money or free samples from these sites.
Well here’s one that actually works.
I get the most Swagbucks from my searches. When I’ve got a lot to search the web for, I head straight for Swagbucks’ search engine. (It’s powered by Google but you have to look below the link to see if it’s a sponsored ad or not.) You get awarded Swagbucks at random for searching. I even use my Swagbucks search engine when I’m going to familiar websites like WordPress, Facebook, and Yahoo. I just type that into the search bar and then go to the site from there.
You can also do surveys on the site, take a daily poll, do tasks, things like that. And you’re actually awarded Swagbucks, unlike those other survey sites that say “Hey, we’ll give you a dollar!” and then, twenty minutes later, you find out you haven’t qualified for their survey.
Back to the point, just give Swagbucks a shot. Click here and go look around. I’ve already redeemed some of my Swagbucks for music prizes, and I’ve got a lot of other things from the Swagbucks store on my wishlist – things like a Wii, a Keurig Single-cup Coffee Maker, and a Dali poster.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. How do you like your steak?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
~Boondock Saints II
4. What is your favorite TV show?
6. What did you have for breakfast?
~Blueberry pop tarts
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
8. What foods do you dislike?
~Brussels sprouts and bananas. I’m not much for lima beans, either.
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
10. Favorite dressing?
~Either ranch or raspberry vinaigrette
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
12. What are your favorite clothes?
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
~Ireland, London, Australia, France, just to name a few.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
~Depends on the day. Sometimes it’s ½ empty because I just emptied it.
15. Where would you want to retire?
~Somewhere with a beach and balmy breeze
16. Favorite time of day?
~The time when I get to go home and see Puddin’
17. Where were you born?
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
22. Bird watcher?
~I’ll watch them but I’m not an avid watcher.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
~Night, hands down.
24. Do you have any pets?
~Just one kitty cat we affectionately call Fatass.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
~Nah, you already know my latest and greatest, Facebook friends.
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
~I went through phases (don’t we all?). I remember wanting to be a concert pianist or actress the most.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
~Swimming in my pool all day, every day.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
29. Are you married?
30. Always wear your seat belt?
31. Been in a car accident?
~Just one – wasn’t my fault.
32. Any pet peeves?
~Chewing with your mouth open, talking about subjects you haven’t researched, and ASSuming that everyone has the same viewpoint as your own.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings.
~Meats, onions, and black olives.
34. Favorite Flower?
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
~McDs I think.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
38. From whom did you get your last email?
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
~Anywhere but Walmart. Let’s say Target.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
42. Broccoli? Dog food?
~Broccoli is awesome. Especially with cheese.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
~Considering I’ve taken very few vacations this is easy to answer. The one I took to St. Louis with my Mama when I was 14.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
~Last time we went out to dinner was for M & A’s engagement dinner . . . so . . . them, kids, Mama, S, J, and other family friends.
45. What are you listening to right now?
~The heater hum.
46. What is your favorite color?
~Blue, silver, green
47. How many tattoos do you have?
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
49. What time did you finish this quiz?
50. Coffee Drinker?
~I would looooove to have some coffee! After T is finished nursing, that is.
1. How long have you been married?
Six years in February. I think that’s 42 in dog years.
2. How long have you been together?
Seven years in March. Egads!
3. Where did you go on your first date?
Faces in town . . . although he didn’t know at the time it was a date. =) I asked him later that night to be with me. And he agreed.
4. Where did you go on your latest date?
Well that’s a great question . . . I suppose our last “date” would have been to go to Sonic and Walgreens after T was born! lol!
5. What’s your anniversary date?
February 17, 2004
6. Where were you married?
The Justice of the Peace.
7. What was your best/favorite wedding gift and from whom?
Hmmm. How about the decorated wood cutting board from Mary Anderson. It has our names and wedding date routed on it. =)
8. Where did you honeymoon?
No honeymoon. =(
9. What food do you like now because of your spouse?
A lot of cooking shows! That’s fair. He now loves steak sans the steak sauce because of me. =)
10. What type of music do you like now because of your spouse?
Matchbox 20 and Incubus.
11. What movie or television program do you like now because of your spouse?
12. Favorite PG rated thing you like doing together?
Movies, board games, and puzzles.
13. Last gift you bought your spouse?
Er . . . good question! Probably the electric razor.
14. Last gift your spouse bought you?
She wasn’t bought, but he gave me Tori. =)
15. Favorite things about your spouse?
We can be retarded together and he still loves me for it!
16. Something you disagree about:
Video games! And his major dislike for cats.
17. Book that you both like:
He isn’t really a “book” person so to speak . . .
18. Worst shared experience?
Now why would I want to go there?
19. Best shared experience?
Making the prettiest baby in the world – and raising her together.
20. One thing you want to do together in the future?
Get the hell out of this state
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25
people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag
25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I’ve just started wearing earrings again after about 10 or 12 years of only wearing them on special occasions.
2. I haven’t dyed my hair since 2004. And I love my silver-greys. Sincerely.
3. My resume competed with roughly 500 others to get me my new job – and won. (With a little help from my sparkling personality and interview skills.)
4. In the last six months, I’ve been thinking a lot about two people who were very dear to me a long, long time ago – both of them that I hurt pretty badly – both of them I feel very badly about.
5. I never thought *this* would happen.
6. As of the 17th of February, I will have been married for five full years.
7. I miss swimming in the creek, jumping hay bales, writing a news story, competing in the High School Speech and Drama League, driving everywhere in my 1991 Buick Skylark, and the promise of a wide-open future.
8. I watch more tv than one would think humanly possible, all thanks to the DVR. DVR – it will change your life. For instance, it means that:
9. My biggest exercise routine consists of lifting and replacing the remote.
10. I’m a spectacularly good shot. The first time I handled a pistol and shotgun, I got an amazing pattern on my targets. I find shooting relaxing and would love to join a shooting range.
11. I am a female who truly is *not* all that interested in owning 50 pairs of shoes (or more). I’m not interested in shopping, either, for that matter.
12. I worked full-time my entire way through college and have absolutely no sympathy for those who quit.
13. I usually brush my teeth in the shower.
14. I wanted to be a DJ from the time I was 12 years old – so much so, in fact, that I was licensed for broadcasting by the FCC by age 14.
15. Want someone to butcher a joke for you? I’m your gal.
16. When I was a small child, all my best friends were over the age of 65. I made one friend my age at 9 but was forbidden to see her. I didn’t make another friend my own age until I was 12.
17. I like to keep a coffee stirrer in my cup of coffee or cocoa so that I can stir it, cool it down, and play with it whenever I’m bored.
18. I am a grammar, punctuation, and spelling Nazi. You should know that if I correct you on a grammar rule, I’ve already looked up the proper usage and would not try and correct you otherwise. It’s one of the two areas in which I’m actually anal – the other being that if I’m not ten minutes early for a meeting / appointment, I feel late.
19. I hate Mexican food. I hate spicy food more.
20. When I was 13, I worked on my elementary / middle school newspaper. When I was 15 I worked on the high school newspaper. When I was 16-17, I worked on the high school newspaper AND produced our small-town community newspaper. When I turned 18, I got lazy and said “Screw this, I have plenty of time to run myself ragged with newspapers in college.” After I entered college, I never touched a newspaper again. And I miss it.
21. Cold weather is my arch nemesis. I define cold weather as anything below 60 degrees. I’m most comfortable when it’s between 75 and 95 degrees outside.
22. Sometimes I miss the “easy” work I used to do – when I could put on six-inch heels and flirt my way to $250 or more (once $1200!) in one night. Then I remember that it was, by no stretch of the imagination, EASY work – it was, in fact, the hardest job I’ve ever done.
23. I don’t like bananas at all – they make my stomach hurt. I do, however, love banana-flavored Laffy Taffy.
24. My fingernails naturally look French-tipped.
25. Sometimes I still count random things – my steps, pencils in a jar, files in a folder. I blame The Count on Sesame Street.