Category Archives: Holmes
I know a lot of you have tried the “Do Surveys for Money!” and “Submit for a free sample of blah!” gimmicks out there. If you’re like me, you haven’t had a lot of success with actually getting money or free samples from these sites.
Well here’s one that actually works.
I get the most Swagbucks from my searches. When I’ve got a lot to search the web for, I head straight for Swagbucks’ search engine. (It’s powered by Google but you have to look below the link to see if it’s a sponsored ad or not.) You get awarded Swagbucks at random for searching. I even use my Swagbucks search engine when I’m going to familiar websites like WordPress, Facebook, and Yahoo. I just type that into the search bar and then go to the site from there.
You can also do surveys on the site, take a daily poll, do tasks, things like that. And you’re actually awarded Swagbucks, unlike those other survey sites that say “Hey, we’ll give you a dollar!” and then, twenty minutes later, you find out you haven’t qualified for their survey.
Back to the point, just give Swagbucks a shot. Click here and go look around. I’ve already redeemed some of my Swagbucks for music prizes, and I’ve got a lot of other things from the Swagbucks store on my wishlist – things like a Wii, a Keurig Single-cup Coffee Maker, and a Dali poster.
A week ago today, the world lost an incredible woman.
- Once you have raised your voice, you have lost the argument.
- And the greatest of these is Love.
- Do not use “so” as a qualifier.
- Family is golden, as are friends, as is honesty.
- Nothing is “basic” – nor should your language be written as such.
- Everyone’s working definitions of words are different – help one another define these working definitions and often common ground, or the ground to disagree at least, would have been found.
- Frasier is hilarious.
- While Mrs. Holmes did not have the physical capability to *actually* hold you kicking and screaming
over the flames of hell, she could still convince you she would.
- Everyone is worthy; but don’t go looking into other peoples’ cars when you’re driving in downtown Nashville because you never know who has a gun.
- You must be in senior level English before being allowed to begin a sentence with the word “however”.
- Always prepare yourself for your meeting; thoroughly read the materials used for topic of
discussion and make preparatory notes.
- Even ladies of great grace and patience cannot help but giggle at you when you refer to the Bible as
“the Great Novel” in the middle of class.
I’m heartbroken when I think about all the students of SHS that will never know her amazing inspiration. I’m more heartbroken as I realize that my own children will not have the chance to meet her, much less the chance to get to know her. I do, however, have faith that those of us who did receive her life lessons will go on to share as many of those with others as we possibly can – after all, sharing those gifts with others is the only way future generations will be blessed by her light.