See ya later, 2010!
Well friends, we’ve seen another year come and go. It seems like 2010 simply flew by. Here are a few of the highlights from my year!
• We got a brand new set of tires on the car. That was fantastic since our old ones had no tread!
• My bosses showed me how much they appreciated my hard efforts by rewarding me with a handsome raise.
• Tori saw her first Valentine’s Day. Daddy surprised us both with cute little stuffed animals, and Mama got a box of chocolate.
• Josh and I celebrated our sixth anniversary!
• I officially turned 29 and had a great afternoon out with Josh thanks to Jose watching Tori for us. I even drank four whole beers!
• I decided to start blogging again. At least this way, one day when Tori gets a tad older she’ll be able to see the general things that crossed my stream of consciousness.
• I had a wonderful Mother’s Day with my precious baby girl, but it was a bit over-shadowed.
• In May I had to say goodbye to one of my favorite aunts – Aunt Judie lost her battle with cancer.
• Tori learned to crawl!
• Tori had a big time on July 4th watching all the fireworks light up the sky!
• Tori also learned to walk!
• We celebrated Tori’s first birthday. Time has flown!
• I joined a gym to try and lose some weight. (To date I haven’t gotten very far.)
• In September I became disappointed with my results and saw a personal trainer three times. (Note again: to date I still haven’t gotten very far.)
• Josh, Tori, and I went down to Gulf Shores, Alabama thanks to his mom’s help so that we could welcome Ashley to the family. It was a simply gorgeous wedding.
• While we were in Alabama, we were able to stop by and see my mother – we hadn’t seen her since the previous Thanksgiving.
• Josh turned the big 3-0!
• We got a major windfall when we found out that many of our medical bills have been reduced.
• Tori’s second Christmas was a smashing success! She loves all her books, clothes, and toys.
Overall I didn’t see my friends enough and I’m disappointed about that, but I can’t say I’m surprised. After working 40 hours a week and coming home and seeing Tori, I don’t have much free time. And Tori, for some reason, does not like it when I make plans! She always refuses to take a nap before we go anywhere, and I try to protect her schedule as much as I can.
I think that pretty much sums it up!
As far as 2011. . . I haven’t made any New Year’s resolutions, and I don’t think I’m going to make any. I plan on getting back on track at the gym, getting healthier, and continue digging us out of debt, but those are all standard, year-round goals for me.
I hope that you all have a wonderful 2011 and succeed in everything you resolve to do.
Happy New Year!