Here’s the Plan, Stan
The first week I lost two pounds (yippee!).
The second week I lost one pound.
The third week I gained a pound. (Insert discouragement here.)
Luckily, my gym membership came with three personal training sessions, so I decided it was time to sign up. I had my first session this morning at 10:00 am. I found out some interesting things.
- I’m doing well in eating 4-5 times a day instead of 2-3, but I’m not eating enough at each session to fuel my calorie usage as I exercise
- Working with weights causes you to burn more calories and keeps your metabolism raised for some time after your workout
- While weight-loss results will take longer, the energy-boosting benefits of working with weights is almost immediate
- The personal trainer was really nice to look at
- Women should not weigh weekly because of the hormonal changes constantly occurring in the female body – it’s more accurate to measure using body mass index and inches lost
- Instead of 3 days a week I should aim for 4-5 days a week in order to shock my system into weight loss
Wish me luck, folks!